PHDA collaborates with several organizations to implement its programmes. Collaboration has had a huge impact on our work related to research, programme delivery, and health policies. Some of our key partners are:
Partnership with Government
- PHDA has developed partnerships with the National AIDS and STI Control Programme (NASCOP) and the National AIDS Control Council (NACC) under the Ministry of Health. This formal partnership is in its 9th year and has helped in strengthening the HIV prevention programme in Kenya.
- PHDA also works with the county governments in almost 37 counties through the technical support it provides for key population programmes. PHDA works closely with the Nairobi Metropolitan Services as it delivers health services through the SWOP clinics in Nairobi. This collaboration has helped in delivering harm reduction services and reducing gender-based violence among some of the marginalized populations in Nairobi.
Partnerships with Community-led Organisations and other Civil Society Organisations
- PHDA works in partnership with several community-led organizations especially in the design and implementation of research and programmes. We have built strong partnerships with organizations like HOYMAS, SWOP Ambassadors, MPEG, MAAYGO, HAPA Kenya, and Link to Smile. This collaboration has strengthened capacities, improved the quality of research and programmes and helped in achieving the desired outcomes effectively.
- PHDA has also partnered with other civil society organizations like ICRH, Jhpiego, Genesis Analytics, FHI 360, and SWOP Kenya in research and programme delivery.
Partnership with Research Organisations and Academic Institutions
- PHDA researches global health and has partnered with research organizations like Nyanza Reproductive Health Society, KAVI, IAVI, KEMRI. PHDA is also part of a research consortium called MSM Health Research Consortium in Kenya.
- PHDA partners with various academic institutions to conduct research. Partnerships have been established with the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine University of Toronto, University of Manitoba (UoM), University of Nairobi (UoN), University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN). PHDA in partnership with the UoM also provides training for students from the University. In partnership with the UoM and the UoN, PHDA also organizes the annual Scientific Conference to provide space for
young researchers to share their work.
Partnership with Funders
- To conduct research, deliver programmes, and provide technical support, PHDA has partnered with several funding agencies. These agencies include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CDC, OSIEA, Fund for Innovation and Transformation, Global Fund, IAVI.